Interview (by Fanatic 10.11.09):
1. Welcome to Fanatic! What were your reasons to join the Fanatic team?
After trying some of the boards I decided that I want to ride these boards in competition next season. It's good to be on Fanatic!
2. What do you think of your new team mates like Gollito Estredo, Marcilio Browne and Victor Fernandez?
Don't think I need to explain that! Gollito brought Freestyle sailing to a complete new level. Brawzinho is a strong freestyle sailor and an incredible wave sailor with a lot of potential for the next years. I think he can win the tour in the future.
Victor also has big potential when he's in the zone and is one of the best. They're all very diverse riders - no matter what wind direction or how strong the wind is. It´s for sure great for me to become part of this team with such talented sailors.
3. Did you get a chance to try any of our boards yet, if yes which ones and what do you think?
Yes I borrowed some Falcon 86/102/112 L from Dutch Speed Champ Peter De Wit and was very impressed. Putting your feet into the straps, you notice the shape of the deck has a nice form for a comfortable stance. There were very normal powered up gusty 7.0m² conditions but I couldn't stop sailing! The boards perform really well, with plenty of power and fantastic top end acceleration and a nice steady trim. They're fast and gybe good, especially in turning adjusting the arc is easy through the gybe, maybe thats the kink in the outline in the tail? And finally, no cut outs!
4. What are your plans? What kind of events are you doing in 2010?I plan to compete in all PWA Slalom and Wave events and the ISA Speed World Cup.
5. Which goals do you want to reach in 2010? Top 5 Slalom, Top 10 Waves and Speed.
6. What are your plans until the season starts? My plan is to have a few days in Cape Town now stopping over on the way to Perth to celebrate the end of the season and signing with Fanatic! Then hit the Waves in WA summer from end of November - February.