The 2018 Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA World Cup certainly delivered some breathtaking moments and 2 new World Champions were crowned – Victor Fernandez in the Waves and Gollito Estredo in Freestyle! And Adrien Bosson is the Freestyle Vice World Champ 2018 while Pierre Mortefon finished 3rd in Slalom!
King of Freestyle Gollito Estredo could defend his leadership in a breathtaking final against his team mate Adrien Bosson and collected his 9th Freestyle World Title! Gollito´s first win was in 2006, then 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018 and now Title number 9 – all with Fanatic boards! Adrien Bosson finished the season on the podium for the first time as Vice World Champ – and definitely not the last time!
And Victor Fernandez is the new Wave World Champ 2019! After a emotional rollercoaster last Wednesday in his heat against Thomas Traversa, we once more have the proof that Victor is a real professional – on and off the water! Victor already won two World Titles in 2010 and 2016. He definitely is the most consistent PWA Wave rider since many years, 6x Vice World Champ in the past and now World Champ for the 3rd time! Well done also Adam Lewis in 6th!
And last but not least we were very happy to see Pierre Mortefon coming back on the overall podium in 3rd after finishing 1st @ the PWA event on Sylt and Jordy Vonk ended in 4th!
What a team! Congratulation boys – we salute your passion, determination, talent and a hunger to be the best. You guys rock!
Overall Ranking Wave 2018:
1. Victor Fernandez (NorthSails, Fanatic, Shamal Sunglasses)
2. Ricardo Campello (Point-7, Aeron)
3. Philipp Köster (Starboard, Severne Sails, Maui Ultra Fins)
4. Jaeger Stone (Starboard, Severne Sails, SWOX, Shamal Sunglasses)
5. Marcilio Browne (Goya Windsurfing)
6. Adam Lewis (Fanatic, Duotone, Swox)
Overall Ranking Freestyle 2018:
1. Jose Gollito Estredo (Fanatic, Duotone)
2. Adrien Bosson (Duotone, Fanatic, Maui Ultra Fins)
3. Amado Vrieswijk (JP, Severne Sails)
4. Jentel Caers (JP, Point 7)
5. Steven van Broekhoeven (GUNSAILS, JP, Shamal Sunglasses)
Overall Ranking Slalom 2018:
1. Antoine Albeau (RRD, NeilPryde)
2. Matteo Iachino (Starboard, Severne Sails)
3. Pierre Mortefon (Fanatic, Duotone, Chopper Fins)
4. Jordy Vonk (Fanatic, Duotone)
5. Julien Quentel (Patrik, Avanti Sails)
More info & full results: https://www.pwaworldtour.com/