Virtual Clean Beach Days 2021
Do you also feel the desire to change something? JOIN US!
We partnered up with Planet Patrol, a community-focused, solution-orientated, non-profit organisation: a movement of people working for a cleaner future. They offer a FREE app to make litter picking and tracking very easy and accessible for everybody, no matter where you are! This is a great chance to organize virtual CLEAN BEACH DAYS during April 29th and May 2nd between all Boards & More brands around the world. Choosing a period of four days instead of only one day will hopefully maximize the effect and involve even more people.
1. Get ready
Please download the free Planet Patrol app: Download
Bring a reusable bucket or reusable garbage bag, gloves and team up with one friend or your family to join our initiative during 29.04. – 02.05.2021 wherever you are! Although cleanings in large groups are not allowed at the moment, we want you to feel connected and will stay in touch with you during these 4 days via our social media channels.
2. During the Clean Up
The most important rule is to stay safe & healthy and comply with the current covid-19 pandemic hygiene regulations of your location. Keep distance and wear a face mask if requested!
Clean up tips:
- Please do not use single-use plastic bags to collect litter!
- Record everything in the free Planet Patrol app (see below)
- Separate what you pick up into recyclables and non-recyclables
- Recycle what you can!
- Covid-safe clean ups – comply with the current corona pandemic regulations or your location
- Take pictures during and at the end of the event and share them via social media by using the hashtag #SaveOurPlaygrounds, tag @fanaticwindsurf /@fanaticsup / @fanaticfoiling and motivate/challenge your friends to also go out there and do good! But most importantly: have fun & spread the word!
3. Concluding / How to record your collected trash
Please use the free Planet Patrol App to record the amount of trash collected. You can download the app for free, register within a minute and start collecting trash wherever you are! Take pictures at the end of your Clean Beach Day from the trash collected and from your and feel free to share these impressions with us via social media!
We feel it is our responsibility to take action and do what we can to save our playgrounds before it is too late. And we invite everyone to join us in this endeavour!
Thank you for your support!